During COVID-19, what is the best way to sell your home?
So with the COVID-19 pandemic, comes the question about how best to navigate selling your home. And with this new normal, is going the FSBO or MLS Flat Fee routes viable, and more importantly, prudent options?
My vote, as an agent in the field, is astoundingly NO! Obviously, there’s a conflict of interest, but understand, that the job of selling your home got harder, not easier.
Here’s a quick rundown of everything you’ll need to do without an agent, because whether you go it alone as a FSBO, or utilize an agent for a flat fee to simply list your home on the MLS, you will be doing it yourself. Be prepared to do the following:
- Prepare your home for sale
- Price your property right
- Market your home utilizing Remote Showings, Live Streaming, Virtual 3D tours;
- Find qualified buyers
- Respond to serious buyers quickly
- Negotiate the deal, perhaps without the buyer ever seeing it in-person by allowing for post executed contract contingencies to dictate.
- Hiring real estate lawyer, closing agents with RON (remote online notary) capabilities
- Finalizing transactions and filing paperwork
Sellers will certainly think about treading into the business of selling their own homes, but you would be wise to consider the totality of circumstances. Investors and discount brokerages will prey on sellers who are feeling the pinch financially. But remember, people will always need housing, mortgage rates are at historic lows, and buyers will spend money on real estate (tangible assets) in an effort to diversify risk away from the stock market. If you are truly a seller in today’s market, hire a professional. It will make all the difference. #thejasonkapitgroup #fsbo #mls # flatfee # realestate #homesales